Monday, May 26, 2008

A Reflection on Ps 115...

n the Christmas Broadcast of 1939, the King of England had this message:

"I said to the man at the gate of the year; 'Give me a light that I may tread safely into the unknown.' He replied, 'Go out into the darkness and put your hand into the hand of God. That shall be to you better than light and safer than a known way'"

When I first started my discernment, I asked God to give me a clear sign and a sure way to know my vocation. But we all know that God does not work that way.

In our journey to respond to God's call, all, if not most of us, do not know or are unsure of our way. For me, even after entering the seminary, I still feel that I'm walking in the dark. All I can do is to put my hand into God's hand and trust Him to lead me

As the psalmist of Psalm 115 says "I trusted even when I said my soul is afflicted. And when I said in my alarm, no man can be trusted" Like the psalmist, I have to learn to trust God, that He will lead me on the right path and help me make the right choice. And I believe that He will be with us every step of the way

No comments: