Monday, June 2, 2008

A Reflection on Psalm 140...

When I first watched "The Matrix" in 1999, I did not understand much about the movie. Though it was entertaining, it was a little too complicated for me.

However, one of the things that struck me about the movie was this; everytime they needed to go back to their world, all they had to do was to call "home" and they would be told to go to a certain place and lift up the hpone.

In Ps 140, the psalmist says this "I have called to you, Lord; hasten to help me. Hear my voice when I cry to you." Do we call on God when we are in trouble and when everything is smooth, ignore him?

God will be always be there for us; whether we call on him or not is entirely up to us. I too, forget to call on him sometimes. Let us always make it our point to call on God regardless of good and bad times.

No comments: