Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A Reflection on Psalm 19...

A priest observed a woman sitting in the empty church with her head in her hands. An hour passed. Then two. Still she was there.
Judging her to be a soul in distress, and eager to be of help, he went up to the woman and said "Is there any way I can be of help?"
"No thank you, Father. I've been getting all the help I need"
I can relate to this story well because I have personally gone through it. When times are hard and I'm faced with trials and difficulties, I often sit before the Blessed Sacrament and prayed.
Usually I'm able to find strength and comfort from this exercise. Just as the psalmist of Ps 19 says "May the Lord answer in time of trial, may the name of Jacob's God protect you...", I have found that God will answer my prayer in times of trial.
All we have to do is to go before him humbly and seeking his help.... he will reply.

No comments: